Nigerians Reveal Last Time They Used NIPOST’s Services

nipost

Nigerian postal service (NIPOST) so far have been doing a good job and citizens of Nigeria urge them to keep up the good work.

According to National Bureau of Statistics, It has been reported that the Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST) has generated up to N8.8 billion in the past year.


However Daily Trust asked some Nigerians when last they used it and here are some responses:

I am a frequent user of NIPOST. I usually send packages once a month overseas. Although the cost is okay, it could be better. It usually depends on the load but since at the end of the day our packages get delivered with no hassles, you get your money’s worth and the fact that the price depends on the weight is all right too. It gets sent the next day, so to be frank, there isn’t much to complain about. I really hope the service continues running the way it is now.

Emmanuel Abednego, 32, Driver, Life Camp, Abuja

I have never used NIPOST because I haven’t had any need to. If its money, I can go to the bank and if it is something else, I can go to the motor park and give stuff to someone that might be travelling there. I think it is unnecessary but who knows, maybe one day I might need to use it.

Bala Adamu, 34, Mechanic, Zone 3, Abuja

It has been up to six or seven years since I used NIPOST to send pictures to the United Kingdom through EMS. I found it very simple and the pictures got there in no time. It was very direct and fast.

Edith Austin, 45, Cook, Wuse, Abuja

I made use of the service way back in 2014 for our township meetings. If we needed to send something, we used NIPOST to do it. We had a box at NIPOST then, which we used to send and receive packages, and it was really effective and good.

Sarafadeen Akelade, 55, Taxi Driver, Mpape, Abuja

The last time I used NIPOST was about three years ago, for dispatching mails within Nigeria, both official and personal. It is really reliable and is one of the services in Nigeria that I can say is actually doing well and running as it should.

Dickson Omerege, 50, Representative of Institute of Cultural Diplomacy, Berlin (ICD), Wuse II, Abuja

 use NIPOST very often to send spices to my partner with whom I’m running a restaurant in Canada called Village Suya Restaurant. In business we always want to minimize cost and maximize productivity, so I think I can say the price and service is pretty okay seeing the condition of the country overall, especially the dollar rate. If not for NIPOST, sending the local ingredients would be a dilemma for us because it is the most reliable and efficient postal service. Our business is booming over there and the demand is higher for the ingredients.

Chinedu Amadi, 40, Entrepreneur and Consultant, Life Camp, Abuja

I use NIPOST very often to send spices to my partner with whom I’m running a restaurant in Canada called Village Suya Restaurant. In business we always want to minimize cost and maximize productivity, so I think I can say the price and service is pretty okay seeing the condition of the country overall, especially the dollar rate. If not for NIPOST, sending the local ingredients would be a dilemma for us because it is the most reliable and efficient postal service. Our business is booming over there and the demand is higher for the ingredients.



Chinedu Amadi, 40, Entrepreneur and Consultant, Life Camp, Abuja

It has been more than twenty years since I used NIPOST. The letters we used to send with NIPOST back then have been replaced with emails and text messages. If it was by letters that NIPOST generate their revenue the most, they would have gone under quite a long time ago. But people still use the service for cargo, EMS parcels and PostCash to different states and countries. So that is where the money comes from the most. One of my brothers is a staff there. Now I plan to send something in cargo to my mother in the village because it is better than using other means, from what I can see.

Comments