Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh Explains Why Mikel Obi Was Not Called Up For Qualifiers

sunday
Few days ago, the super eagles squad was announced leaving a major player from Chelsea "Mikel Obi".

Sunday Oliseh who is the super eagle coach explained that he didn't call Mikel Obi up for the 2017 Africa Cup of Nation qualifier giving his reasons in the explanation.


“I went to England on a Thursday and Chelsea was just coming back. We had fixed our visit to coincide with the end of their tour before they played Arsenal. 

I contacted Obi Mikel, called him on several occasions with no reply; sent him an SMS with no reply, went to London where he plays in the same club with Victor Moses. 

I called Moses, the phone rang three times and he picked it up and I spoke with him.
 Moses came to the meeting but he (Mikel) didn’t come.” 

I left to Liverpool to meet the other player and I spent about six hours to go there and back but there was no response from Mikel until I returned here. 

Till now I have not spoken with Mikel. I think it was yesterday (Wednesday) that I saw a missed call, so at the moment I don’t know what the situation is. 

No player is special, every player is the same, every other player we contacted and spoke with have been invited them” Oliseh said in a media parley yesterday in Abuja. 

Comments